Six positions (total) are up for reelection this fall. All incumbents have expressed an interest in remaining on the board, and one new at-large member will be added.
Members At-Large ( four spots available. click for bio. asterisk donates incumbent)
Treasurer- Jill Byrd *
Membership Secretary- Robert “Sly” Sylvester *
ALDHA Election Process:
Our bylaws require us to adhere to certain stipulations assuring an orderly and transparent election process. Thus we are announcing these procedures in compliance with said bylaws.
Posting of Results:
August 20th - publish and snail mail the process to members.
September 15th - nominations close.
October 1st - both electronic and snail mail ballots are sent/available.
October 31th - elections close.
November 7th - election results announced.
Duties and Responsibilities for All Board Members:
1. All board members must agree to and sign a conflict of interest statement.
2. Board members are expected to help carry the load of managing the day-to-day business of ALDHA. We are a working board and it is not uncommon for board members to wear multiple “hats.”
3. Board members are expected to attend the Gathering, in-person board meetings, and monthly electronic meetings. It is also strongly recommended that members attend trail functions when possible.
4. Board members are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the ALDHA bylaws and motions passed by the both past and present boards.
5. Board members are required to adhere to the ALDHA Communications Policy.